Hawk

I was on the phone this afternoon and this hawk landed in a tree not 30 feet from the front door. Managed one quick shot before he flew.

009m.jpg

I shot one on the wing last week and thought I was lucky even though it wasn't the best. This guy gave me a lot of time. I stayed on the phone talking while I changed a lens and barely went out my front door to catch him.

Dave

Eye-level

Banned
Those claws are mean. Even a baby can squeeze the crap out of you. I caught this bird one morning he was just sitting in the middle of the street not moving and I thought he might get hit. He hung out with me for most of a day. Must have been tired or sick or something. Eventually I woke him up from his slumber and I swear I could see fear in his eyes when he realized I was right next to him. He flew away. Great experience to hold such a creature in your hand.

Sambr

Those claws are mean. Even a baby can squeeze the crap out of you. I caught this bird one morning he was just sitting in the middle of the street not moving and I thought he might get hit. He hung out with me for most of a day. Must have been tired or sick or something. Eventually I woke him up from his slumber and I swear I could see fear in his eyes when he realized I was right next to him. He flew away. Great experience to hold such a creature in your hand.

Cool story Jeff :)