Interesting Blacksmith Photo

RookieDSLR

I took a shot of a man making a horsheshoe at a local rodeo and then did some post processing. Let me know. Thanks

Small Blacksmith Bar Color.jpg

Exif:
f7.1
Exposure 1/100
ISO-400
50mm
Taken with my Tamron 17-50mm f2.8

ohkphoto

Snow White
Very nice post processing, and even though I'm not a fan of selective coloring, I like your use of it here.

I would give you +1 for story-telling and technique. Excellent choice to have the blurred hand . . . but it may be a little "too blurred" . . . would have been nice to have been able to see the image of the hammer.

This is one of those photos that leaves me "wanting" . . . I can't decide if there needs to be more in the composition or less. Also, the angle of view is pretty ordinary. I realize that at a fair, it might be awkward (and dangerous) to lie down on the ground with a wide angle lens and get the hammer coming down on the shoe in the foreground and the rest of the farrier, slightly out of DOF.

So I would give you a 10 out of 12 (-1 for impact and -1 for creativity) That's just my opinion. Nice work . . . keep it up!

RookieDSLR

I wish I could have gotten closer but he wouldn't allow it while he was hammering, he said it was a safety issue because he had a small child get burned by a shard of steel that came flying off because the parent wasn't paying attention to their child and let it get to close so yeah. He then took into effect a 5ft back rule while he is banging the steel. And there was poooooohhhh all over the ground so I didn't really want to lay in it lol. Thanks for the feedback though much appreciated.

Jeremy V.