Video Killed the Radio Star

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Very interesting Jeff. I wonder if it will ever come up my way up here. I'll certainly make an effort to see it if it does.
Thanks for the interesting link.

Eye-level

Banned
I hope to see it as well although I am not that much into cinema. I do like Reeves though and any kind of optical gear really. This article really got me to thinking about how photography has indeed been all about evolution of medium and gear and good photographers pushing the envelope. When you look at it in that respect it is easier to understand the transition from film to digital and why it must be so.

I just really hope that all cameras do not become 3d cameras or holodecks! hahaha

miknoypinoy

it's really amazing what can be done digitally now a days. one of my other hobbies is audio production via hard disk recording (computer). in the old days we had reel to reel for tracking music. now it's all done digitally. there's still some reel to reel (analog) going on with out board effects and processing (reverbs , compression, equalization ). now a days you can have what was a full rack systems of equipment, all at the click of a mouse as plug ins.

the concept is still the same, as in photography and cinema. we just have a faster work flow and set up now that we can accomplish our end product via point and click with a mouse. lol.

I'd love to see that "side by side " as well, as I appreciate the "old school " cinematography and "new school".

any one watch "valhalla rising" yet on netflix as I mentioned in one of my earlier threads? classic example of great cinematography. not a lot of special effects. just great compositions of scenes and dialog (or lack of for that matter. )

thanks for sharing this link jeff.

I'm not afraid . . . YOU WILL BE. . . YOU WILL BE. . .

Last edited: