"Insert Image" issues with Firefox 15?

N_Addy

After getting an update to Firefox 15 yesterday I'm suddenly discovering issues when attempting to insert an image from a URL into a post. I paste my URL into the dialog, click the "OK" button (to add the image), and nothing happens. Once in a while it works but it is very inconsistent.

I tried to add an image from IE and had no trouble so I'm assuming the issue is with Firefox 15.

Just posting this in case others have similar issues.

N_Addy

OK, all of my PCs are now upgraded to FF15 and all are having this issue.

The simple solution to this is to not bother using the "Insert Image" icon to add images. Instead, simply paste your url between two "img" tags.

grandpaw

I have Firefox 15 and it seems to me that if I write something in a post and then insert a picture I have problems but if I insert the picture first it seems to work OK and then add the words after adding the picture. It may just be a coincidence but it seems to work when I insert the picture first. Jeff

N_Addy

What is interesting is that I visit several other forums using vBulletin (Nikonite's forum software) and have not had this issue. So the issue is likely not with vBulletin itself but rather something related to one of the plugins used here (FB/Twitter, tracking, etc).

fotojack

Interesting. I just tried it, grandpaw, and it worked! Strange that it only seems to work that way.

DSC_1231.jpg

Oh by the way...I'm using Firefox 16.

fotojack

OK, all of my PCs are now upgraded to FF15 and all are having this issue.

The simple solution to this is to not bother using the "Insert Image" icon to add images. Instead, simply paste your url between two "img" tags.

If you're adding a photo from a URL, this may be right, but if you're adding a photo from your computers hard drive, you have to click on the Insert Image icon.

Pierro

Yup - same problem here with FF 15. What happens to me is that it LOOKs like the photo hasnt inserted when using " insert image " but it actually has been.

I found out when i first posted a photo using insert image, and i thought where the hell is it, cos i want to centre it and click large size by double clicking the photo when its uploaded. But as it wasnt there so i thought the upload wasnt working, and simply added the URL manually using IMG tags. Then as i submitted post, 2 photos appeared, one reduce size with the message " click for full size " or whatever the term is, and then a full size one.

So go back to edit the post to get rid of the small one, which in itself is a bit like jumping through hoops !

Pierro

Oooh nearly forgot - im getting another page error where the " new threads " , " new posts " "new blogs " are on the right of the pages. I've been getting " new threads, then " new posts " then " new threads " again, so i'm getting new threads twice. And now it appears its righted itself while i was typing this ...typical :cool:

Pierro

Nope - its back. It appears that it only happens on the main forum page. Once clicking into subforums, it rights itself, but come back to the main forum page and its glitched again

RickSawThat

Test -- text added first (seems if I do the text first the image comes up as a thumbnail) been wondering why it was like this on my project 365 pics lately :) nice to find the fix. Last test will be to "insert image first" then put in text - then move text to above picture ;)

Attachments

• smsm09141.jpg
    smsm09141.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 70

Dave_W

The Dude
I'm using Chrome and I can't seem to get my photos to go in any of the way you guys are adding them. They all go in the same size regardless of the image size and I can't move them around. Is this a function of the browser or ?

Eye-level

Banned
I'm going to break down and spend a little money on some server space and just start hosting my snaps myself. It is much cleaner and easier.