Let's see your other hobbies

N_Addy

I'm sure we have a diverse group of interests represented here. Let's see photos of your other hobbies!

The need to do product photography for my other hobby (woodturning) was what lead me to photography in the first place. Once I got hooked on photography I hardly have time for turning any more!

Mesquite and African Blackwood
566471865_VTHbZ-L.jpg

Amboyna
566471777_nnCTg-L.jpg

Spalted Maple Cigar Rollerball
DSC1182-L.jpg

Ebony and Bocote
1200536232_JfQwo-L.jpg

Tulipwood and Blackwood
566471748_Rdvv6-XL.jpg

AC016

Very, very nice!! Now i have to go and take photos of all my fishing gear, all my guns, all my power tools and all my scale models!! Damn you! lol:)

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I also am a woodturner. I don't turn anything elaborate as Neal. I turn pens and bottlestoppers. These are also posted at my intro thread. I'll have to upload more some time.

loquat.jpg
beech.jpg
lacewood.jpg
acacia.jpg

Ironwood

I used to be heavily into fishing and spearfishing, but the spare time factor has killed those off pretty well.
So now its pen turning and a bit of woodworking, I will have a bit of a dig around for some photos.
Most of them will be taken with a Canon P&S because I only just got my Nikon D3100, and haven't got many photos with it yet.

Ironwood

Ok, these are all taken with my Wifes Canon P&S. They are a bit of a mixed bag of pics.

These are my homemade chainsaw mill, slabbing up a Carbeen log that came down in a Cyclone a few years back.

IMG_0468.JPGIMG_0470.JPGIMG_0475.JPG

This is a coffee table I finished not long back, it has a Bloodwood Burl top, the base is made with African Mahogany ( Khaya )

IMG_0611.jpgIMG_0614.jpgIMG_0609.jpg

This is a metal lathe that I have restored, before and after pics. It looks a bit better now, but I haven't taken any more photos since I finished it.

IMG_0569.jpgIMG_0680.JPG

AC016

Ok, these are all taken with my Wifes Canon P&S. They are a bit of a mixed bag of pics.

These are my homemade chainsaw mill, slabbing up a Carbeen log that came down in a Cyclone a few years back.

View attachment 15604View attachment 15605View attachment 15606

This is a coffee table I finished not long back, it has a Bloodwood Burl top, the base is made with African Mahogany ( Khaya )

View attachment 15607View attachment 15608View attachment 15609

This is a metal lathe that I have restored, before and after pics. It looks a bit better now, but I haven't taken any more photos since I finished it.

View attachment 15610View attachment 15611

That is a beautiful coffee table. :)

fotojack

My other hobbies, before I became retired and poor, were varied, but I was mostly a long time biker (Harley's and Goldwings) and scuba diving (PADI Divemaster-civilian and navy diver-military). Besides photography, which I've been doing since around 1978, this is my other hobby:

Attachments

• Napping.jpg
    Napping.jpg
    782.2 KB · Views: 148

Eye-level

Banned
I am with you Jack...that is my favorite hobby actually.

I work, sleep, type on the computer, and every now and then I am able to actually get away and make some snaps.

Geoffc

My other hobbies, before I became retired and poor, were varied, but I was mostly a long time biker (Harley's and Goldwings) and scuba diving (PADI Divemaster-civilian and navy diver-military). Besides photography, which I've been doing since around 1978, this is my other hobby:

I was convinced you would say radio controlled helicopters Jack, as you posted a picture with them on recently. That is my other hobby, albeit it has gone from obsession 12 months ago to a poor relation to the photo stuff now. The Helis are an expensive hobby and you can easily convert £1000 model into scrap with a wrong input or mechanical failure. At least if I buy a £1000 photography item I won't crash it and I can insure it, so it's a better investment.

fotojack

I was convinced you would say radio controlled helicopters Jack, as you posted a picture with them on recently. That is my other hobby, albeit it has gone from obsession 12 months ago to a poor relation to the photo stuff now. The Helis are an expensive hobby and you can easily convert £1000 model into scrap with a wrong input or mechanical failure. At least if I buy a £1000 photography item I won't crash it and I can insure it, so it's a better investment.

Actually, I was going to put that down, too, as I was the founding president of the Calgary RC Heli Club. I spent 3 or 4 years with helis and spent way too much money on my helis. Like you said, it's an expensive hobby, especially if you crash or things don't go right in the air. :) So I sold everything I had regarding helis and bought myself some photo gear to get back into the hobby I truely love. :)