Early morning D800 Images

Photowyzard

I captured these images down by the lake, very early in the morning. I was testing taking images manually and trying to learn how to properly read and use the Histogram.

Happy to hear what you think.

Morning-Egret-(1).jpg

Morning-Egret.jpg

Egret-Walking.jpg

The Black Crowned Night Heron was one of the last images before I left. You can see, the sun is getting up in the sky from the light. This was about 9:30am.

BC-Night-Heron-2.jpg

Tami Jo

Very nice shots! I really liked them all. I especially liked the little Night Heron I have a thing for those little birdies.

Photowyzard

Thanks everyone, greatly appreciate the kind words.

Glenn, I currently have two computers side by side on one screen it is darker, the other lighter. So, it could be I have done the brightness on the darker screen. I wanted the images to look like an early dawn shot. I wasn't intending to make them look like the last picture which was properly exposed. The others were shot a tad underexposed to begin with.

Are they too dark?

Mojo, you and I are on the same page!!! :)

Tami-Jo, the Night Herons are adorable. I like them too. They are a clever, clever little bird. I love their calm demeanour! They are simply great to photograph and to watch hunting for fish.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Thanks everyone, greatly appreciate the kind words.

Glenn, I currently have two computers side by side on one screen it is darker, the other lighter. So, it could be I have done the brightness on the darker screen. I wanted the images to look like an early dawn shot. I wasn't intending to make them look like the last picture which was properly exposed. The others were shot a tad underexposed to begin with.

Are they too dark?

Hi Art. Just the first two images but after viewing them for a while, I guess that would be the "mood" early in the morning with very little light. I usually get frustrated since my lens normally fogs up.

Photowyzard

I have been lucky so far and have had no issues with fogging. Mornings by Lake Ontario, typically, are a bit breezy and I have never experienced it at any time of day. Different environments, I too would find it frustrating.

I went down to the Lake again today. Mid morning. Something to do and learned a lot! Today seemed to be the Egret Convention Day, I counted 7 on the pond at one time!

I work my way through some deep brush and find a hard spot on soggy soil at the ponds edge. Mud, would be a butter description.

Anyway, I nestled myself into some branches and stayed in one spot for 2 hours! A little over 1 hour, I got my rewards, the birds just ignored me and walked on by. I got some amazing pictures I will post when I get the chance to process. I used only my 300mm today and in FX mode, I filled the frame with the birds as they sauntered by. Great experience, I greatly enjoyed the few hours I was out.

Patience is the Nature Photographers best friend.