Tips

Carolina Photo Guy

Can you go into more detail in regards to exactly what you mean?

That's a fantastic idea!

Here is an example. When you're out shooting, keep a ziplock bag in your pocket to keep your lens cap in.

Putting your lens cap in your pocket is just coating it with dust and other foreign matter that you transfer back to your lens.

nikonpup

I am looking for tips that are not biased by a salesperson. (making money from his tips)
Carolina Photo Guy posted a good example. (if he is not a ziplock rep) :)

AC016

"tips" or "suggestions" about any given product are esentially a way of "selling" the product, though in an indirect way. No one can give you "tips" or "suggestions" without promoting (another form of selling) a product. Everyone has bias :)

nikonpup

I am not looking for tips on products, the internet, nikonites is full of product info. More on sharing your experience that has made life easier for you to take better photos. Hope this helps tell what I would like to see in TIPS.

AC016

I am not looking for tips on products, the internet, nikonites is full of product info. More on sharing your experience that has made life easier for you to take better photos. Hope this helps tell what I would like to see in TIPS.

I think you will find this type of info in it's respective place. Tips about a certain lens would go in the lens section. Tips about how to use D5100 would go in the D5100 forum and so on. I think if you explore the site a bit more, you will find many areas where respective tips may lie. Having a generic/general tips section would be a bit redunant since you can place tips in areas already here. But that is only my opinion:)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestion. Like D5100Shooter said, it may be redundant to have information split between respective forums and a specific tip forum, however the site can always benefit from better organization. Perhaps Q&A type threads with links to other helpful threads related to the topic of each forum could be assembled.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I'll give you one good tip.

Get away from the computer and get out, take pictures with your actual camera and lens. The more you take, the better your pics will be.

Dooku77

Tips are included in each thread of whatever topic you are looking in. Whether it be in a specific camera thread or a general camera question, there's tons of delicious knowledge and pros willing to help.

nikonpup

Guess I am in to much of a hurry to wade thru all the post trying to find an answer. Search helps, still a bunch of stuff to go thru then I need to be smart enough to apply info.

Dooku77

Guess I am in to much of a hurry to wade thru all the post trying to find an answer. Search helps, still a bunch of stuff to go thru then I need to be smart enough to apply info.

Do you have a smartphone? If you do download Tapatalk app and go into the site from there. It's actually more simplified than going on the computer.

fotojack

Patience, grasshopper. Patience. :) This is not something you're going to learn overnight. Photography is a medium that takes months and years of practice. Go out there and experiment with your camera. Try different settings. Explore what it can and can't do. And have fun while you're doing it! :)
Got a specific question?...we'd be happy to answer. What kind of tip did you have in mind? The more specific the question, the easier it is to answer. Hope this helps. :)