Newbie on D7000

bb_mamon

Hi guys wanna seek your help....because im a newbie on nikon d7000 and i dont have alot of experience on settings could you help me in settings in outdoor and indoor as well as night shot.

highly appreciated thanks...

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to the forum.

First things first: READ the user manual. Most of your questions are answered right in there. Second: Read the user manual again and take as many pics as you can. There is no magic except practice. Photography is a hobby (for some a profession) and only practice will make you better at it. Just like most things in life...

Enjoy your Nikon!

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Hi guys wanna seek your help....because im a newbie on nikon d7000 and i dont have alot of experience on settings could you help me in settings in outdoor and indoor as well as night shot.

highly appreciated thanks...

Start with P mode to get you started then read your manual to learn about the other functions.

Carolina Photo Guy

im a bit stubborn on reading manuals....im a better at suggestions.....

In THAT case, I suggest that you read the manual! :)

Trial and error may be fun, but it will make the learning curve nearly vertical.

It's boring, but a day spent reading the manual will save you a month of UNLEARNING bad habits!

But of course, it's always YOUR choice. :)

stmv

or go buy an aftermarket book on the D7000 where they try to improve over the manual, those are good to keep reading. The only real way to master the craft is to put effort into the tools, especially when you start discussing harder subject/time of day shots.

Mike150

I completely agree with the read the manual suggestions. I keep my manual in my camera bag at all times and an E-Copy of it on all my computers. You can also check out Nikon's Digitutor. It's a short video on basic operation. From there, a lot of the terms in the manual will become more clear. Go to Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor and select your camera type.