Rokinon vs. Samyang 14mm 1.4

Nikon Photographer

Not got one myself, but I did handle and have a good look at these lenses at a trade photographic show here in the U.K, they seem to be well built and not at all plasticy like a lot of budget lenses on the market, it retails for around £250 here in the U.K, there's a few reviews on the net, just google it, but here's one for starters, by the way, the two lenses you listed are actually the same, the Rokinon is actually made by Samyang ...

Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC Aspherical - Full Format Review / Test Report

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/samyang-14mm-f-2-8-ed-as-if-umc-lens-review-19621

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't have the 14mm but the 85 1.4. The lens is very very sharp and I think it's very well made. Manual focus but the price really makes it worth it compared to the Nikon 85 1.4.

amonamarth

Marcel: yes, I was also looking at the 85mm. However, I think I'd rather get the wide angle first. Currently I have only the kit 18-55 and the 35 1.8 prime. I find myself lacking wide fast capability more than long focal distance lenses.

Alex.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

gvlenv

A fantastic lens. Very sharp and don't worry about distortion it isn't noticeable and is easily corrected. Look on flicker for lots of examples. Also manual focus on a Nikon is very easy and being a ultra wide prime its very easy to focus as the depth of field is deep. Also there's nothing else in this price range so its a non issue. Buy it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2