cpl lens quality?

Eye-level

Banned
You can get a 2 filter lenses set made by Sunpak which includes a UV filter and a Polarizer for 19 bucks! That is cheap enough to try it out and see if you want to spend more on one right? :)

Don't over think it Pat just get it and get to shooting and posting your snaps here! :)

Eye-level

Banned
The only one I have belongs to a Zeiss camera and is expensive but I was looking at a 52mm one mentioned above today. Almost bought it. Rick can probably give you a better answer than me. You have only one image why don't you post some made with your $10 job and let us see what we think if you please. :)

You know I am sure there are "higher" quality ones out there question is what do you really need...is the $10 one good enough..does it work for you?

Rick M

The main differences in CPL's are glass quality, coatings and the layer which polarize the light.

Glass- Think cheap lens or great lens, you really get what you pay for.

Coatings- These reduce reflections between the sensor, AA filter, lens and filter. There can be a lot of internal reflection going on. They also make them MUCH easier to clean.

Foils-The material which polarizes the light, some are better than others, leading to better QI.

The Better filters also use brass rings, less likly to get stuck.

It all comes down to your budget. I would have low expectations on a $10 CPL.

patrick in memphis

im not sure of the actual material mine is made of...prob. plastic lol.i kind think that i need to find one to borrow and take two pics of the same subject for comparison....so if i were going to look online what key feature should i look for, brass ring?

Rick M

im not sure of the actual material mine is made of...prob. plastic lol.i kind think that i need to find one to borrow and take two pics of the same subject for comparison....so if i were going to look online what key feature should i look for, brass ring?

Brass is the least important. Glass is #1, second would be multi-coated.

KWJams

Best Buy and some Wal Marts sell Sunpak filters that are not all that expensive depending on what size. Quality is good.