Flash advice?

balichef

As a new member this is my first posting & hope some one may be able to give some advice.
I have had a D90 for several years & have learnt a to but recently am wanting to take better food pictures for my work. I have been advised by 1 store here in Indonesia to purchase a R1C1 wireless speed light flash.....is this necessary or overkill for my needs?

joecap

How have your pictures been coming out ?
Do you need to give more light on the items ?
If there food pictures, have you tried Candle light ?

Nikon Photographer

It's a nice bit of kit, but not exactly cheap, but what Nikon speedlight isn't, why not just get a ring flash, look at the one's made by Sigma, Nissan and Sunpak, they will give you as good as results for around half the price ... I'm going to be adding a sigma EM-140 DG to my kit when the funds become available

pedroj

As a new member this is my first posting & hope some one may be able to give some advice.
I have had a D90 for several years & have learnt a to but recently am wanting to take better food pictures for my work. I have been advised by 1 store here in Indonesia to purchase a R1C1 wireless speed light flash.....is this necessary or overkill for my needs?

Welcome...Show us what your doing

A light tent with a bed lamp or 2 and shoot in raw if you have a program to process them with