MLU (Mirror Lock Up)

Pierro

Yup, for both astro and macro. Even used a macro rail in the past, and remote cable + MLU

You thinking of having a stab at the micro world ?

Eye-level

Banned
No but I am thinking about buying a tripod and these sort of things are good to know. :)

I guess my D5000 doesn't have the function but if you are using Live View the unit is MLU plus it has the exposure delay feature which would also work. But I am thinking portraiture here. I'm not after tack sharp I just want the maximum stability when using the 85 and 105 and something that is quick enough.

BTW...I am thinking about ditching my D5000 and buying a Fuji S5 Pro which is basically a D200 with a sensor that reigns over all when it comes to skin.

Just thinking... :)

MLU is a great subject if anyone doesn't know much about this tool you need to find out about it.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Do any of you folks who do macro and astro use MLU?

Jeff - whenever I use my tripod, I always use Mup. This significantly reduces and micro vibration that is developed by the mirror slap. This is particularly important when using longer FL. I've seen studies from other forums (nikonians.org) about the effect when using mirror up.

For cameras without Mirror lock up, the exposure delay feature from the D80/D90 was one of the earlier feature which delays the exposure by a second.

Some tips to consider when shooting with a tripod.

What tripod (7) - Nikonians JRP FAQs

Pierro

No but I am thinking about buying a tripod and these sort of things are good to know. :)

I guess my D5000 doesn't have the function but if you are using Live View the unit is MLU plus it has the exposure delay feature which would also work. But I am thinking portraiture here. I'm not after tack sharp I just want the maximum stability when using the 85 and 105 and something that is quick enough.

BTW...I am thinking about ditching my D5000 and buying a Fuji S5 Pro which is basically a D200 with a sensor that reigns over all when it comes to skin.

Just thinking... :)

MLU is a great subject if anyone doesn't know much about this tool you need to find out about it.

Live view is also a great feature and real useful for static subjects, i agree

Does the Fuji S5 take Nikon F lenses ?