Carbon Fiber MonoPod

Phillydog1958

I was about to make an investment in a Manfrotto monopod and ballhead, but went to the local Bestbuy last week and found this:
Amazon.com: Rocketfish 70" Carbon Fiber Monopod RF-MONO70C: Camera & Photo

It's got mixed reviews. Some love it. Some hate it, but it's working for me, so far. I researched it and concluded that there were more positive reviews than negative. I found a total of about 25 reviews throughout my search. Seventy-five percent of those reviews were positive and many were from full-frame camera owners with battery grips and larger lenses. I've had the Rocketfish tripod for several years and it's working fine. The only warning I have, is to not lose any parts. Rocketfish doesn't make spare parts for any of their tripods or monopods, which is a major fault, but you can't beat the price and what they give you for that price. It's not a Manfrotto, but they do a decent job of giving the consumer a great deal for his or her money. They also include a nice carrying case with their products. By the way, I only paid $50 for my monopod. I'm not sure I'd pay $80 for it. Instead, I probably would've sprung for a Manfrotto. I did not pay full price for my tripod either. Bestbuy usually has them on sale. I think they're on a closeout.

Last edited: