Used D3

Stangman98

Really thinking about getting one sooner than later. Thoughts on buying one used for say $2500-$2800? Need speed and higher ISO then my D300 gives me.

Eye-level

Banned
A few months ago I saw a scarred up D3 on the Tulsa Craigslist for like 1500 bucks. The guy bought it off some rich college kid or something who had carved his damn initials in the body. The man had bought it for his wife and she wouldn't have none of it's ugliness (some men will never understand this concept concerning their women) so he was taking a hit on it. If I would have had the cash I would have bought the darn thing scars and all because that was a helluva deal.

If that is what you want Big D I say go for it just be patient, look look and look some more, and wait for the right deal to happen. I really like the idea of the low light king and midnight drag racing.

Photowyzard

In Toronto, a D3s runs about $4K and I have seen many with very low shutter counts. While waiting for my D800, I was soooo tempted.

It has great specs.

Sambr

Your right Jeff there is a D3x it was Nikon's 1st 24 MP camera. Max ISO is about 1600 also this body sported a hefty price tag of $8900.00 in Canada when new.

Eye-level

Banned
Interesting their first 24MP was 9 grand in Canada...there latest 24MP is a little over 2 grand in the US...I think FX sensor technology is getting cheaper. :)

fotojack

Actually for a D3s that's a great price. If I was in Calgary I would buy it.

You really think so, Sam? Almost half its life expectancy is over. I would think that's a little expensive.

You could probably get hold of the guy through Kijiji and get it from him. I'm sure he would deliver. :)

Sambr

Yes I think it's still a great deal if it was to check out. I only buy big ticket items face to face Jack I would have to touch it feel it shoot 100 or so pix down load and check shutter count etc.