Rock Wallaby

Ironwood

We have a colony of these guys living in the bush around our house. I took these this afternoon, the light was getting pretty low so I had the ISO at 800, and I was down to 1/30 & 1/25 handheld, with my d3100 and 55-200 kit lens at 200mm. I wasn't expecting too much, but they came up better than I thought they would.

DSC_0006.jpg DSC_0007.jpg

Ironwood

Very cool! What's it like having them as neighbors?

Hi Neal. Its great having these Guys around, we always get a laugh out of their antics.
They do make a mess on the verandah ( deck ) though.
I can usually get pretty close to the ones that live close by, but the camera seems to be spooking them, especially the noise it makes. I will have to remember to turn it onto silent mode next time.

Ironwood

This Mother and her Joey were on my verandah this morning catching the first rays of sunshine to come through the trees.
I had a small tripod handy so I used that, as the light was very low. From my front door to the end of the deck is about 60 feet, so I had my 55-200 zoomed right out, f11 @ 1/2 sec.
I was rushing, so didnt think to change the ISO to a higher setting. It is still set on 100, from what I was doing yesterday.
You can see that she moved one of her ears when I took the shot.

joey.jpg