What's Your Back-Up Camera ??

Eye-level

Banned
I use most of mine equally...so F2 backs up D5000 or vice versa...then I have my space camera (which I am currently using today) and then I guess you could call them maybe reinforcements but I also have a FE and a couple of FM's...then I have various old minolta and fuji fixed lens units...and I am fixing to buy another ZI Contaflex to replace the one I sold last year...and if all else fails I have my trusty Sony Cybershots.

AC016

I use most of mine equally...so F2 backs up D5000 or vice versa...then I have my space camera (which I am currently using today) and then I guess you could call them maybe reinforcements but I also have a FE and a couple of FM's...then I have various old minolta and fuji fixed lens units...and I am fixing to buy another ZI Contaflex to replace the one I sold last year...and if all else fails I have my trusty Sony Cybershots.

Errrrr...... you have a lot of cameras!! Question is, how many can you hang around your neck at once?? :)

AC016

I have a D80 and D5100. Use both of them about the same amount. If i don't have any of those available, i have my phone that has a very nice 5mp camera in it. After that, i have my eyes. However, i have not figured out a way to download what i see with my eyes, to the computer. :)

Carolina Photo Guy

I have a D80 and D5100. Use both of them about the same amount. If i don't have any of those available, i have my phone that has a very nice 5mp camera in it. After that, i have my eyes. However, i have not figured out a way to download what i see with my eyes, to the computer. :)

It's something new.

It's called...

"TEXT"!

:devilish:

Phillydog1958

Seriously, I have a little Canon ELPH that I use for work-related photos. I carry it around in my breifcase. I guess I'd call that my back up camera.

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
Errrrr...... you have a lot of cameras!! Question is, how many can you hang around your neck at once?? :)

The most I carry at one time is 4...one bandolier style, one around the neck, and two in the bag...but I very rarely ever carry more than 1 at any given time. Now my internet buddy Tom Abrahamson who is a regular contributor to many photography magazines and who has authored many books on the subject and who I believe got his start as Richard Nixon's personal photographer...now that dude used to lug some equipment around back in the day - all metal construction stuff no plastic! LOL

Personally I think one bandoliered and one around the neck is a good setup of course with digital and quality zooms nowadays you don't have to carry two anymore to get the shot usually.

toma.jpg

Last edited:

Phillydog1958

The most I carry at one time is 4...one bandolier style, one around the neck, and two in the bag...but I very rarely ever carry more than 1 at any given time. Now my internet buddy Tom Abrahamson who is a regular contributor to many photography magazines and who has authored many books on the subject and who I believe got his start as Richard Nixon's personal photographer...now that dude used to lug some equipment around back in the day - all metal construction stuff no plastic! LOL

Personally I think one bandoliered and one around the neck is a good setup of course with digital and quality zooms nowadays you don't have to carry two anymore to get the shot usually.

View attachment 15178

I'll bet he has either back or neck issues, today.

Eye-level

Banned
Tom A is still kicking strong. Man he has the life I tell you. Him and his wife travel the world shooting with some the best cameras ever made and then they come home and write articles and books about it. His wife is all in with him and she is a helluva photographer too. This recent trip to Europe they both were using old rangefinder Nikons exclusively. The snap above was made by his wife with a Nikon F and a 105/2.5. :)

Flickr: T&T and Mr B

Phillydog1958

Tom A is still kicking strong. Man he has the life I tell you. Him and his wife travel the world shooting with some the best cameras ever made and then they come home and write articles and books about it. His wife is all in with him and she is a helluva photographer too. This recent trip to Europe they both were using old rangefinder Nikons exclusively. The snap above was made by his wife with a Nikon F and a 105/2.5. :)

Flickr: T&T and Mr B

It must be nice. I'd love to retire, travel and shoot.

PVR

I use a Nikon D70 to back up my D200. I recently got the D70 for a very good price and I really like shooting with it because it's light and fairly simple to operate. The D200 is a far superior camera, but it's heavier and more complicated to operate. Both are great cameras and the D200 is a fantastic piece of equipment.

Last edited by a moderator: