Meike MD3100

Carolina Photo Guy

The Meike MK3100 Battery Grip arrived today. I am not too keen on chinese knockoffs, but since Nikon didn't make one, I didn't have a lot of choice.

I took a few snaps of the grip installed along with an after market battery. Everything costs less than $36.00.

IMG_0002.JPGIMG_0003.JPGIMG_0006.JPGIMG_0008.JPGIMG_0009.JPGIMG_0010.JPG

You may notice the surgery on the connector cover. I cut the upper right corner off so that all of the other connectors are sealed-ish.
The tip on the non-nikon battery is to put the Nikon battery in FIRST. Then install the other battery. Everything works like a charm.
Since my joints just don't like being twisted to get the portrait shots, this is a lot more comfortable now.

Enjoy.

Mr.Smith

Was thinking about one of these for myself, really dont fancy butchering the connection cover though. Is that the only way these things connect??

Carolina Photo Guy

Was thinking about one of these for myself, really dont fancy butchering the connection cover though. Is that the only way these things connect??

Yes. Nike does not make a grip for the D3100 so this is the only alternative.

You don't have to butcher the cover though. You can just leave it open all the time.

I didn't like that since a replacement cover can't be all that expensive.

joecap

I have one for my D5100..
I love it !!
I have big hands. It feels really good..
Made very well.
I use it with a Nikon battery in port 1 & a non-nikon in port 2.
Meike is a good company / importer..