HDR software

Eye-level

Banned
Yes I use Photomatix free version. Basically what I do is use the GIMP to size the image(s) I want to HDR down to about 1000X700...then I open up new blanks if you will that are like 1600X800 then I paste the images down on the blanks. Then I photomatix them and because I use the freeware it photomarks the HDR. But it photomarks the image such that I can crop the watermark off and get a watermark free photomatix image...it is not the full quality...but I am a pirate cheapskate what can I say? :)

MrF

I've got both Luminance HDR (Luminance HDR) and Picturenaut (www.hdrlabs.com/picturenaut/index.html). I've been using Luminance almost exclusively, but that's only because I tried it first. HDR is still pretty new to me, so I figure I'll get adept in one program and then see what the other one offers that's different.

The photo I posted today in the HDR thread (http://nikonites.com/hdr/4260-how-about-posting-your-hdr-images-24.html#post71668) was done in Luminance. The program has a handful of different tonemapping algorithms to play with that affect how natural or 'cartoony' the final image looks. It will also let you choose the size of your HDR output so you don't have to resize all the parent images beforehand.