Where are all the used tripods?

blueiron

I have been looking for a decent used tripod and ballhead for a while now. The few people that have one for sale want near current retail MSRP for them and refuse to move on a counter offer.

Is there some place that sells quality used tripods and or ballhead mounts for a reasonable price?

Ruidoso Bill

I have been looking for a decent used tripod and ballhead for a while now. The few people that have one for sale want near current retail MSRP for them and refuse to move on a counter offer.

Is there some place that sells quality used tripods and or ballhead mounts for a reasonable price?

The good ones are probably still being used so I'm afraid it ends up being a supply and demand situation. I've seen the same situation with lenses that are in high demand. I have seen some good prices on ebay for some of the earlier bogen/manfrotto tripods. The attached link may help you search for a good price on a Bogen since many are looking specifically for the Manfrotto Manfrotto and Bogen equivalent product number table

pjl

Pssst...craigslist...photo and video section...

I know, I know; it's a crapshoot.
Good people or wierd people.
Arrivals or flakes.

A tripod purchase is much different than a lens purchase.
I got my Manfrotto 3229 quick release head off cl for $15.

Works great and hasn't burned my fingers...

Curt

I know this is going to sound a bit weird, but have you tried garage sales?
Many times people get tired of photography and just want to get rid of thier old stuff.
So they put it in a garage sale, worth a try, I found a couple that way??

Snap Happy

Garage sales are great, but you have to make sure you inspect the equipment well. I have seen some cheap stuff at garage sales, cheap because it is damaged, broken or similar. Always check functionality of any gear from a garage sale first. Like if you see a lens for $20.00 check the glass for Haze/Fungus for example. If you find a tripod make sure the legs are stable and lock, the it has all the parts to it.

Don't just take it on faith as you would sometimes buying from a store, as they wouldn't give you your money back or try and help you like a store will. So basically, buyer beware when dealing with garage sales. IN saying that, I have found some hidden treasures at garage sales, and I have seen some absolute shockers!

JA Warrior

Hey blueiron!

The answer is plain & simple. I buy and resell on the Internet, and I'm seeing really good used tripods at yard sales constantly. Go out on a Saturday morning before the really hot weather kicks in (more yard sales/sq. mile). Use the classifieds and your GPS. You'll get some tremendous deals, and a tripod for a song, I bet! Even if it isn't your dream model, it'll keep you snapping until you find it.

And if you're into classic film cameras, don't be surprised to find a nice OM-1, or similar treasure, too!

Happy Hunting!

Hey blueiron!

The answer is plain & simple. I buy and resell on the Internet, and I'm seeing really good used tripods at yard sales constantly. Go out on a Saturday morning before the really hot weather kicks in (more yard sales/sq. mile). Use the classifieds and your GPS. You'll get some tremendous deals, and a tripod for a song, I bet! Even if it isn't your dream model, it'll keep you snapping until you find it.

And if you're into classic film cameras, don't be surprised to find a nice OM-1, or similar treasure, too!

Happy Hunting!

If you want a great OM 2 call me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2