Lens Specific Threads?

Rick M

We see many posts and threads from people struggling with choices between all the lenses available, I've often thought it might be a good idea if we had lens specific threads. An example would be my struggle between the top three ultra wides, you have to seach all over the net for examples of each. I think it would be great if owners of specific lenses posted shots in a single thread to highlight that particular lens. I've started my own nikon 10-24 thread, but my idea would be to have a Nikon 10-24 image thread for all owners to contribute, and so on with various lenses.

These threads would make it easier for folks to decide between all the different options out there, I like to look at real user images when I decide between lenses. I would imagine we could mass a significant image collection if we all contributed some of our best shots specific to our favorite lenses. I think posts would need to be limited to images and relavent information about the lens (avoiding the whole which is better arguements).

Thoughts?

Mestre

Having a gallery with photos for specific lenses could be of use. I've shared photos to people that sometimes have doubts about the performance of a lens.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
That's a great idea. I would love to be able to tag images in the gallery by lens, but the software isn't that intuitive.

Rick M

Any reason we don't have a standard zoom section? Would a 16-85 thread go under the wide or the telephoto zoom section?