Wine Glasses in Black and White

Carolina Photo Guy

I am trying to expand my horizons by branching out into wine art. This is my first attempt.
Taken with my D3100 and the 18-55 kit lens on auto. What can I do to make this something
that you would like hanging on YOUR wall?

Thank you all in advance.

"Wine Glasses in Black and White"

Wine Glasses.jpg

AC016

Do you need help with drinking the wine? lol:) Well, for me, maybe take a picture of the wine glasses next to some crackers or bread and cheese. Have it on a nice wood cutting board, proper cheese knife, maybe some pate..... candles in the background... have the bottle of wine showing a bit more... or you can just tell me to bugger off, lol:)

Carolina Photo Guy

Do you need help with drinking the wine? lol:) Well, for me, maybe take a picture of the wine glasses next to some crackers or bread and cheese. Have it on a nice wood cutting board, proper cheese knife, maybe some pate..... candles in the background... have the bottle of wine showing a bit more... or you can just tell me to bugger off, lol:)

I come from a long line of a-holes, not diplomats! If'n I didn't want an honest opinion, I wouldn't have asked.

I had not thought of staging a snacking scene. I have to try that tonight.

Thanks Bubba! :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi Pete,

I find the crop a little tight and the bottle's label in the bottom right corner kind of distracts me. I think the bottle could go away without penalty all together.

Also, for depth, it might be useful if you'd place a flat piece of paper just behind the glasses to get some kind of highlights and depth to the liquid. This would also improve the nice chill on the outside of the glasses.

Ruidoso Bill

Nice sharp image, I prefer color for wine shots, part of it's beauty. A trick I learned on my last food shoot was to dilute with a little water and back light it, makes it really sparkle. I also agree with Marcel about be cropped too tight.

fotojack

Bill beat me to it....I was going to suggest backlighting the wine glasses, preferably half full, slight chill on the side of the glasses. I'd even suggest maybe putting a black background behind the glasses to give them some definition and depth. And yeah....too tight on the crop, Pete. I like D5100shooters suggestion, about the cutting board and cheese.

Carolina Photo Guy

Bill beat me to it....I was going to suggest backlighting the wine glasses, preferably half full, slight chill on the side of the glasses. I'd even suggest maybe putting a black background behind the glasses to give them some definition and depth. And yeah....too tight on the crop, Pete. I like D5100shooters suggestion, about the cutting board and cheese.

ALL of you guys had better be very careful about asking me to cut the cheese! :confused:

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I have a lot more work to do!