What's your bag?

TedG954

I bought a almost un-used LowePro 200AW for $35. It was an excellent choice for me. It carries my D5100 w/18-55, a 55-200, and a 35 prime. Along with that, there's room for my flash, car battery charger, filters, spare batteries, and more. For this load, it is perfect and comfortable to carry all day.

stmv

there was just a forum on this topic, an seemed that the lowepro was the hands down favorite amoung users, both the backpack version and the sling. All depends on the amount of lens that you plan to bring,

So, for example, if you are only carrying 1 extra lens, then a side lens pouch might be easier, and comfy strap. I use a light weight camel water pack pack (without the water pouch) as my bag (small, comfy, and hides the fact that it is olding a camera).

Now with the great batteries, and huge memory cards, gone are the days that you have to bring extra. Traveling light is easier.

silvercreek

I bought a almost un-used LowePro 200AW for $35. It was an excellent choice for me. It carries my D5100 w/18-55, a 55-200, and a 35 prime. Along with that, there's room for my flash, car battery charger, filters, spare batteries, and more. For this load, it is perfect and comfortable to carry all day.

Those are the same lenses I have. I've got a couple batteries, battey grip along with a few other items. I'll soon be out of room in my current bag.

joecap

I have three bags.

1) I have a nice Sling type bag that I carry when I go on local trips. It holds my D5100 with 18-105 lens & my 55-300 lens & Flash. I got it at Newegg for $28.99
Bower SCB2450 Elite Pro Bag Series DSLR Zoom Sling Bag (Black)

2) I have a large Nikon bag thats sits at my deck with all my stuff in it.

3) When I go out of town I carry it all in my ; Rosewill Shine-View RDCB-11001 Black Backpack for DSLR Camera, lens and 15.6" Notebook $30.00 Newegg.

eurotrash

Just picked up a Lowepro Passport Sling. Will be able to hold the D5100/new 7000 with 16-85 attached, 11-16 Tokina, rain shell, battery charger, glasses, all kinds of other stuff without being "too big".

Before this I was using the Sling 102aw. I found it to be the most uncomfortable and hard to use bag ever.. Only redeeming quality was the rain cover.

Last edited:

silvercreek

I have three bags.

1) I have a nice Sling type bag that I carry when I go on local trips. It holds my D5100 with 18-105 lens & my 55-300 lens & Flash. I got it at Newegg for $28.99
Bower SCB2450 Elite Pro Bag Series DSLR Zoom Sling Bag (Black)

2) I have a large Nikon bag thats sits at my deck with all my stuff in it.

3) When I go out of town I carry it all in my ; Rosewill Shine-View RDCB-11001 Black Backpack for DSLR Camera, lens and 15.6" Notebook $30.00 Newegg.

The Rosewill Shine-View RDCB-11001 backpack looks like it would be nice to have.

WhiteLight

I too have the Lowepro Pro Runner 200 AW..
It's just perfect.. i don't have much equipment yet, so there's lot of free space :D

i have the 5100, a 70-300 & the 18-55...
spare battery, charger & basic cleaning kit.
there's definitely place for at at least 2 more lenses, a flash and maybe an ipad/tablet.
The bag too is not very big and its quite comfy.. and the rain coat is the best.. & yeah the tripod holder too

Phillydog1958

I use 3 bags for different reasons. I have a Tamrac Rally 5 that I use as a day bag. It can also hold my iPad. I also have a Lowepro 200AW for weekend trips and a Lowepro Fastpack 250 for air travel and for carrying all of my gear at once. It can even hold my Macbook Air.

aZuMi

Currently changed to Lowepro Flipside 300 Backpack. Easy on the back and have lots of space (3-4 lenses with gripped body) and the zipper is in the inside portion of the bag which helps secure the camera.

Dooku77

Maxpedition Colossus. Holds my gripped D7k with attached 50-200mm lens and 18-50mm underneath. The other pockets hold my charger and cables and everything else. Bag is also padded all the way around. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345069131.327417.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345069157.805077.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1345069191.768019.jpg

§am

I have the Lowepro Flipside 300 Backpack too currently holding;
Body
18-55mm
55-200mm
50mm
SB-400 flash
Tablet
Battery charger
Tablet charger
AA battery charger (and mains lead)
Lens hoods x2
Filter cases x2
AA batteries x4
Spare memory card
Lens cleaner
Some basic stationary
Cleaning cloth

All of that pretty much packs out the bag, all be it there is space still as I've been liberal with the spacing.
I love the fact I can put it across both shoulders (a god send if you have back problems), but also the fact the zip to get to the main compartment sits against your back snuggly, so chances of someone unzipping you(!) and having a reach in are very much reduced (unless of course you have no sense of feeling on your back!!).
Also, with an added waist strap you can 'sling' it round kind of, so that it hangs off your waist and you can still get to all your kit... but unlike a sling, nothing can slide out the side as the compartment opening faces skywards not to the sides.

Disadvantages for this particular model - sometimes the unused straps can be annoying, and there's no rain cover.

Carolina Photo Guy

I have an Ambico bag that I bought back in July.

I probably overpaid, but I thought it was worth the $1.00 at the time. :)

My Ambico Camera Bag.jpg

My tripod is strapped under the wide front pocket.

This bag holds ALL of my camera gear and still has room for my video equipment.

mikeh32217

Does anyone do any backpacking? If so how do you carry your gear?
I'm wanting to carry the frame with lens and a couple extra lenses and assorted small gear like cleaner, extra battery, cards, etc..