Weekly Challenge August 14th til 26th-ELEMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stangman98

Weekly Challenge August 14th-26th: ELEMENTS

14715d1344949317t-weekly-challenge-august-14th-til-26th-elements-i-6sckmvl-m.jpg

This weeks challenge revolves around the four elements. These elements are Fire, Water, Air, & Earth. The objective is to try and capture one, two, maybe all four elements all in one. I leave it up to you to be as creative as you want.

These challenges are designed to help you grow in your photography skills and creativity, and also to have fun. Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information.

The Rules
  1. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIFdata can be verified, we will use the honor system.
  2. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
  3. Challenges will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
  4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge, unless otherwise indicated.
  5. Judging criteria is based on the Twelve Elements of a Merit Image.
There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Attachments

• i-6ScKmvL-M.jpg
    i-6ScKmvL-M.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 228
Last edited by a moderator:

Carolina Photo Guy

I was looking for a way to encompass the challenge in its entirety. Here is my entry.

The Romertopf Clay Cooker

Cooking in clay has been around since before the birth of Christ. Roman soldiers would pack small dressed game in clay, soak it in water and throw it in a fire.

The soaked clay would gently steam the game into near perfect tenderness.

The bas-relief images around the pot exterior show that this pot is good for cooking pork, fish, vegetables, poultry and also for making hot drinks.

This is the first clay cooker that I bought at a yard sale almost 15 years ago. Its my choice for this challenge because...

1 The cooker is made of UNGLAZED clay. Earth element

2 This one has seen a campfire. Fire element

3 The clay pot is soaked in water before cooking. Water element

4 After use, the pot is washed without soap and it air dries. Air Element

Romertopf Clay Pot.jpg

Enjoy.

Stangman98

i was looking for a way to encompass the challenge in its entirety. Here is my entry.

The romertopf clay cooker

cooking in clay has been around since before the birth of christ. Roman soldiers would pack small dressed game in clay, soak it in water and throw it in a fire.

The bas-relief images around the pot exterior show that this pot is good for cooking pork, fish, vegetables, poultry and also for making hot drinks.

This is the first clay cooker that i bought at a yard sale almost 15 years ago. Its my choice for this challenge because...

1 the cooker is made of unglazed clay. Earth element

2 this one has seen a campfire. Fire element

3 the clay pot is soaked in water before cooking. Water element

4 after use, the pot is washed without soap and it air dries. Air element

View attachment 14732

enjoy.

Now that my folks is thinking outside the box!!

Billy Y.

Leaving in a few days for a weekend trip so Here is mine. Fire, water and air.

DSC_0081.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Leaving in a few days for a weekend trip so Here is mine. Fire and water.

Now you know you can't take the new D800 with you for the weekend hey. The camera has to acclimate itself to your house first before you take it out. ;)
Have a great weekend!

Carolina Photo Guy

Is that the fine print that I can't read? damn...

You have to give the D800 enough time to wander around the house and mark its territory.

If you don't, and the D800 gets separated from you it may get lost trying to get home!

Its a pheromone thing. DON'T take the chance of your D800 running off to live with a blue hair. :)

Rick M

I was looking for a way to encompass the challenge in its entirety. Here is my entry.

The Romertopf Clay Cooker

Cooking in clay has been around since before the birth of Christ. Roman soldiers would pack small dressed game in clay, soak it in water and throw it in a fire.

This is the first clay cooker that I bought at a yard sale almost 15 years ago. Its my choice for this challenge because...

1 The cooker is made of UNGLAZED clay. Earth element

2 This one has seen a campfire. Fire element

3 The clay pot is soaked in water before cooking. Water element

4 After use, the pot is washed without soap and it air dries. Air Element

View attachment 14732

Enjoy.

Great entry Pete!

I'm just wondering why they put the game in small dresses :)

Krystal

It's still winter here in Cape Town and I've been pouting about the weather, but this week's challenge got me out of the house to purchase an umbrella and learn to photograph the rain.

rain.jpg

craiggriggs

Fireworks are kinda like Fire, not 100% sure if it counts as an element but anyway my entry is a photo of a firework, that looks like a palm tree, a giant palm tree of FIRE

fireworks1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.