greetings from Mallorca

anthonyric

Hi every one from a newbi

Can some one advise me please...

I’m planning a trip to St Helena and the cape, I plan on slipping in a safari also this is where I will nee advise.

My set up is very basic compared to you guys I have a 40x and my main lens is a 18-200 the G11.

I have tried out a nikkor 70-300 but feel I need to go longer for the wildlife photos. Any recommendation on this please I do also have a p80.

Many thankx for reading regards Anthony

ABN Panzer

While I can offer no real advice at this time... I will welcome you to the site.
Some one will surely follow up with some helpfull words though.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Maybe you could rent the longer lens for the trip. You could get better quality than buying something you won't use after this event.

anthonyric

A possibility I had thought about but here in mallorca it would be difficult but thanks all the same for your reply, I believe im right in you visiting our island ill have to check out your gallery so see if i can spot any thing familar

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
A possibility I had thought about but here in mallorca it would be difficult but thanks all the same for your reply, I believe im right in you visiting our island ill have to check out your gallery so see if i can spot any thing familar

I was there 2 years ago with a group of cyclists. Great time besides the long winding hills to get to Cap Formentor… :)

anthonyric

Hi there nice to meet you to...samspade... don’t quite understand you meaning though?

I will see what funds are available when I book this trip as ill be taking my mum so its x 2 cost for me... I would like to upgrade to a d7000 but it still leaves me with the lens problem I can get a D7000 from Gibraltar body only for £775 kit 18-105 + Battery £895 But I think a lens would be around £1000/1500

I thought I may be able to get an adapter for my 55-200 I know I would loose a bit of quality but I am not a professional..

My p80 takes great shots but obviously on longer zoom lacks the quality. actually there are good reports on the z150 compack?

Anyway happy snapping

Regards Anthony