Lightroom 4 exposure issues

Claudia!

Each time I import photos into lightroom, they seem to appear darker than I shot them and darker than how they appear in View NX or other photo software. Does anyone know how to fix this or why it happens? It must be with my settings or something. I have to go adjust each photo's exposure or white balance because it is always off. It is pretty time consuming and annoying.

Thank you,
Claudia!

pedroj

Not sure about lightroom but with photoshops raw file converter you can set your settings how ever you wish..

I usually set all the adjustment sliders to zero and go from there...I would imagine lightroom would be similar..

eurotrash

Just picked up v.4 of LR. I'll let you know if this happens to me. I've yet to import anything into it however. Waiting on my 16-85 to show up!

Your WB in LR should read "as shot". If that's not the case, your preferences might have something to do with it. I'm sure I'll have to go back in and readjust mine when I start using it again. Also take a look at your lens correction settings? I don't know. I've never had issues with v.3 before in this regard. Will keep my eye on this thread though.

Claudia!

I had LR3 as well and never had this problem. I just got LR4 about a month ago and it has been an issue from the start. Every time I want to edit a photo, it seems as though I am having to over- edit than I really should be. I am playing around with the settings and preferences just to see what it could be. I am also assuming it has something to do with my settings.

Thank you!

Sein Hla Din

I am just wondering if you have found an answer to this issue.
Because I am facing exactly the same problem and google lead me here.
I just changed to D7000 from Canon and LR is making me disappoint
Please kindly share your experience.

Dave_W

The Dude
Make sure you don't have any "auto-development" settings enabled. This could be part of your problem and when your photos are being imported they're being subjected to some pre-set development settings which would explain why they're turning dark.