Strange streaks on some pics.

Just-Clayton

I was out early this morning trying to catch a shooting star. No luck!! Saw a few. When I looked at my pics I noticed in a few pics there were streaks in the clouds. But only in the shots pointing the one way. I looked at the other angles and didnt see them. They also werent in the same spot in the picture per angle change. I figured if it was a mark in the sensor it would be in the same spot every time. Here are some pics. the settings are the same. The first three are back to back shots. One and four are almost pointing in the same direction, three is to the right more and the second shot is pointing in a different area.

1 _DSC9797 (800x531).jpg 2_DSC9798 (800x531).jpg
3_DSC9799 (800x531).jpg 4_DSC9802 (800x531).jpg

Last edited:

Carolina Photo Guy

I was out early this morning trying to catch a shooting star. No luck!! Saw a few. When I looked at my pics I noticed in a few pics there were streaks in the clouds. But only in the shots pointing the one way. I looked at the other angles and didnt see them. They also werent in the same spot in the picture per angle change. I figured if it was a mark in the sensor it would be in the same spot every time. Here are some pics. the settings are the same. The first three are back to back shots. One and four are almost pointing in the same direction, three is to the right more and the second shot is pointing in a different area.

1View attachment 14621 2View attachment 14624
3View attachment 14623 4View attachment 14622

My gut feeling tells me they are bats chasing bugs.
These shots are long exposure shots and a bat flying across the field of view would make a streak pretty much like that.

BWTHDIK?

Just-Clayton

But, notice 1 and 4 are almost the same shot and the marks are in the same area of the picture. Syncronized bat flying?? They are good. lol

Rick M

I gotta agree with Pete, something flying and bats make sense. There is some exposure in those areas, so it appears to be a temporary interference, instead of a permanent issue.