I dented my nikon d5100's memory card slot's pin

Neslo22

So there was something stuck inside the memory card slot. I pulled it out but the pins are stopping it from being removed. Then i accidentally dented one of the pins. Do you guys thing i could fix this by myself or should I bring it for repair?

Is it also still possible to rearrange the dented pin??

Carolina Photo Guy

So there was something stuck inside the memory card slot. I pulled it out but the pins are stopping it from being removed. Then i accidentally dented one of the pins. Do you guys thing i could fix this by myself or should I bring it for repair?

Is it also still possible to rearrange the dented pin??

It all depends on what you want the eventual outcome to be. If you want a reliable camera operating at peak effectiveness, then send it to Nikon.
If you don't mind the card slot guts being ripped out, then go after it yourself.

Personally, I think the solution is pretty obvious.

Hope this helps. :)

ABN Panzer

I, in lacking the technical knowledge of memory card slot pins, would have to agree with the above.
Especially given the fact that there could be potential for memory failure when you are lining up for that 1 in a million shot.

KWJams

There are somethings that duct tape can't fix and this may be one of those things. ;)

Worst case scenario, the card becomes hopelessly stuck in camera and you have too resort to downloading all your pictures with the USB cord hoping for a long and productive life for the card that is stuck in your camera.

Three options:
1 Duct tape.
2. Get it repaired by a competent repair facility.
3. Sell it rigged up to fail on the new owner so they think that they broke it.

My choice would be #2 :)