Black Bear

Rick M

This guy came to our campsite to join us for lunch while camping in the Adirondacks. Biggest Black Bear I have ever seen! I followed him into the woods for about a half mile to get some more shots until he turned around to let me know that we were done playing follow the leader :)

QI is not good due to the high ISO (was very dark) and the auto focus was not working on his dark coat.

DSC_0112_2940.jpg

TedG954

One ran past me once, while I was hunting turkey. Their speed is almost incredible. You can't out-run them and you can't out-climb them. I'm glad he was in a good mood.

RookieDSLR

I have always heard that you can out run them if you run downhill becuase they have to adjust thier weight to the back legs which makes them run awkward. I don't know, I do know that I myself would be happy if I never had to test that theory personally.
I like the shot of the bear and am kind of at awwww that you even followed him. Crazy stuff!

Rick M

Another from our walk,

DSC_0119_2944.jpg

After he looked back at me a few times he stopped here and took a few steps back towards me, at that point I sensed the photo session was over :)

DSC_0118_2943.jpg