Great Egret - Sunny and Rainy day images

Photowyzard

I have been stalking this Great Egret for a few months now. There are 3 of them that fly together. Currently, they are on a river about 5 minutes from my home. I have yet to take the "perfect" image of an Egret yet, but I am working on it.

These are all taken with the D800, my Nikon 300mm Lens with my Nikon 1.4TCEII attached. Other information varies. Some images are taken in direct sun light, others in rain, with no sun.

I welcome your C + C.

Egret-(1).jpg

Egret-(2).jpg

Egret-(3).jpg

Egret-(4).jpg

Egret-(5).jpg

Patrick M

Throw bread in. The birds learn that small fish come to eat the bread,then they get the fish. After a while they'll connect you with the food and you'll get some great shots I'm sure.

Patrick
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Photowyzard

Patrick, interesting concept. There is a small problem around here with tossing bread to the fish or birds for that matter. THe municipality has signs up everywhere asking, "Don't feed the birds". The reason is they poop more. More poop, more pollution. Both from the poop and the uneaten bread, crackers and other stuff people toss at them.

And, it isn't healthy for them!

In ponds, where the water isn't moving, maybe dried fish food might work. In rivers, like this one, it would just wash away. The images don't show it, but it is a fast moving river.

Photowyzard

Eek. Too much poop ....

Fish food in a weighted net perhaps?

Patrick
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maybe, I have to look into it. It isn't a bad idea. I maintain and aquarium and I have bags of dried fish food. Since it is all fresh water, dropping some of this near my "set up" might have some interesting results.

Have to do it when the locals aren't around. Some people get really upset when they see people tossing stuff into the ponds.

What I do, typically do, is set up near the families or kids that toss in food. This way, I have nothing to do with it, I just take advantage.

See attached images taken under these circumstances. :) All taken with my D90.

Goose-(1).jpg

Pond-Duck-(1).jpg

Woodland-Duck.jpg

Photowyzard

#3 is a Wood Duck. One of the most beautiful and photogenic ducks, in my opinion. My favourite to photograph.

Typically, these are the birds people feed with impunity!