Batteries

Eye-level

Banned
OK I just learned that the deal with batteries in Japan is that they can no longer sell products that use batteries with exposed leads. I would assume there will be manufacturers that make our batteries with exposed leads but are they all going to be Chinese made batteries? Two or three years from now am I going to be able to get a quality battery that uses the right voltage and isn't going to fry my equipment?

What is the oldest Nikon digital battery that you have that is still going strong and has seen lots of usage over time?

Carolina Photo Guy

OK I just learned that the deal with batteries in Japan is that they can no longer sell products that use batteries with exposed leads. I would assume there will be manufacturers that make our batteries with exposed leads but are they all going to be Chinese made batteries? Two or three years from now am I going to be able to get a quality battery that uses the right voltage and isn't going to fry my equipment?

The world is supposed to end in December of this year. Your current battery will almost certainly last until then!

If those dang Mayans are wrong, I'll get back to you in 3 years. :)

TedG954

The Japanese are probably outlawing the exposed-leads batteries for sale in Japan. I doubt they will discontinue sales outside of Japan.