Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens

JohnFrench

Tried a "Search" with no result.

[h=1]Has anyone tried or used a Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM lens on their D5100? Or for that matter on any Nikon?[/h]
Thanks in advance.

John

stmv

I have a copy, and love the fun of the wide open lens, opens up another level of composition on a DX sensor. My copy has been sharp enough, and I have gotten some wonderful image.

I will say that after 6 years, my copy is starting to have some focus issue, so, I might have to send it in for service.

JohnFrench

I have a copy, and love the fun of the wide open lens, opens up another level of composition on a DX sensor. My copy has been sharp enough, and I have gotten some wonderful image.

I will say that after 6 years, my copy is starting to have some focus issue, so, I might have to send it in for service.

That is good news that you are happy with it. I am seriously considering one as a lot of my photos are street scenes and city landscapes, I think the 10-20mm Sigma will be a good addition to my kit. Thanks for the reply. John French

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Tried a "Search" with no result.

Has anyone tried or used a Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM lens on their D5100? Or for that matter on any Nikon?

Thanks in advance.

John

Have a look in my gallery under the Hungary folder. All inside shots of the Budapest parliament were done with the sigma.

Great lens ..have one on my D3200 and use at weddings for those room shots and bride and groom in a landscape type shots ..no problems good and sharp

Guy

Just had to sign up to say I've just bought one off eBay and can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow :).

Guy

This thing is WIDE. I took this quick one of my office. It's 11 stories and I was standing barely 30 yards away:

chester_house.png

Attachments

• office.jpg
    office.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 5,279
Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Marcel, I can nit find your Hungary folder

You have to go to "gallery">members> find "Marcel" in the member's list to access my gallery. Or simpler, when you click on my gallery link in my signature, it should take you there and I have Hungary and Vienna sub-folder in there. It should work. If it doesn't please let me know and I'll try to find out what could be the problem.