What books for D3100

bgatty68

I was looking to purchase the D3100 for dummies, has anyone else got this book? Is it any good if you have it? Or what other books did people buy to go with their new D3100? Cheers guys

Rick M

The best book I have ever found for a camera is the full reference manual. I would print the whole thing off (usually 200+ pages) and get to know it first hand.

Mis Adam

You can pick one up called from snap shots to great shots for the D3100, I love these books they are simple and full of little things that the manual doesn't have. I learned a few things with the D5000 and D5100 book. its sure to be a great read form bits and peices the manual doesnt offer. I have four of these books they are very short sweet and to the point. The composition was my favorite it opens your eyes to the smallest of details you wouldnt normally think of.

steptoe

These are good reference books, and you can have a quick preview read on the internet as well

David Busch's Nikon D3100 Guide To Digital SLR Photography
David Busch's Compact Field Guide for The Nikon D3100
Nikon D3100 From Snapshots to Great Shots

I have the dummies guide and found it too simple and have hardly picked it up in months so is almost new, maybe for somebody who had never picked a camera up in their life. But assumes you really are a total beginner and haven't the slightest idea (or inclination) to sit and just play with the settings and dials to see what does what

Beside the reference manual I picked up a Magic Lantern Guide. The one thing they say is that it doesn't need to be read cover to cover. Skip around and learn the parts you need to learn.

JohnFrench

I have the Dummy book for the D3100. It is easy reading, but hard to search using the index. It was helpful, and I am glad I bought it.

Heretic78

Hi all,
It’s my first week with the D3100 and although my girl kindly did print the reference manual (i can see why they left it on a disc) I have found "David Busch’s Nikon D3100 Guide to Digital SLR Photography” excellent for making things a bit easier as a total newbie to DSLR, also wiki can give a bit more detail on certain aspects and terminology along with you tube and forum post’s still spend some time on the net just asking what is this or that.

Pierro

Agreed !

I've been using them for quite a few years now, since i was a Pentax user, then a Canon user, and now Nikon.

baza30

ive got jon sparks full nikon d3100 book which i picked up from curry's (uk) for £15.
full of usefull tips and tricks and pictures to show you the way forward.