Memory card error

amonamarth

Hello:

I have two 32gb cards in my D7K; the second is just an overflow storage for the first. Taking pictures, my camera suddenly showed an error with the card, unable to access anything or even read it. I tried taking battery and cards out and it never cleared. I'm now running the second card exclusively on the first slot.

Questions:
- please recommend a course of action that you allow me to keep the shots in the original #1 card; before it went bad.
- I'm thinking that reformatting it will probably fix it if I can't save it's contents?

Thanks.

Alex.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Dooku77

Make sure you have the latest firmware for your camera. This was one of the issues it fixes and also make sure the little lock switch isn't on lock. I also use 32gb cards and have had zero issues.

amonamarth

Well... I can't even reformat the card; it's really fried. Don't know what happened, my wife was shooting with it, she didn't bump the camera or anything...
32gbs card lost :(

Alex.

Dooku77

Well... I can't even reformat the card; it's really fried. Don't know what happened, my wife was shooting with it, she didn't bump the camera or anything...

Alex.

Have you tried any sort of recovery software to try and recover the lost images?

Dooku77

I've seen on the forum, there is one recovery tool that a lot of members use. I should probably also download one of these as well. Hopefully one of the more senior members can point you in the right direction.

fotojack

Alex.

That's why I use nothing bigger than an 8 GB card. Mostly 4 GB cards though. To me, the larger cards are really only for taking video. Use the smaller cards for photos.

miknoypinoy

4 gigs a card for me too. "don't put all your eggs in one basket".

what's worse, to loose one shot (while switching cards, ) or the the whole photo shoot. lol. good luck . . .

I'm not afraid . . . YOU WILL BE. . . YOU WILL BE. . .