Nikon 10-24 test

Rick M

The following images are from a nikon 10-24 UW. I went to my local shop to test before I buy. Nothing too exciting here, two shots of the parking lot. I did some minor PP, about what I would do to a normal image. Only very minor cropping (about 1/8") to level the image since I was not perpendicular to the building. Both are shot at 10mm to see the extreme performance. At 100% I noticed corner softness, but we are talking the equivalent of a 60x80 print. Please let me know what you think,

Thanks

DSC_0003_2833-2.jpg

DSC_0005_2835-2.jpg

Rick M

Also note the focal point was the center of the wall shot at f7.1. The cars on the side are certainly out of the Dof plane.

pedroj

Hi Rick..It looks like it does a great job...Are you getting it or still looking if so try the 16-35mm F4...It's not as wide but a very good option,,

Pierro

I'd say those pics look more than acceptably sharp. Every UWA has a some softness in the extremes, so nuttin' to sweat over. If you need any wider Rick, there's the Sigma 8-16, probably not enough range for you, but I cant see that having better IQ than the Nik, though it would be a lot cheaper. Also try the f4/5.6 Sigma 10-20mm, again perhaps not enough at the long end for you, but it gets good reviews ( not the f3.5 model which is more expensive and IQ not as good )

eurotrash

but we are talking the equivalent of a 60x80 print.

Tell me, how did you figure that out?
I'm curious, because it would be nice to be able to tell how large the equivalent print would be on random shots. I'm assuming there is some form of mathmatics involved :mad:

Rick M

Tell me, how did you figure that out?
I'm curious, because it would be nice to be able to tell how large the equivalent print would be on random shots. I'm assuming there is some form of mathmatics involved :mad:

The viewable image size on my monitor is 20"W x 10"H. I can judge by how much I move the siders to view the entire image at any enlargement