Old Photo Converted to HDR Converted to B&W Using HDR Efex Pro 2

Dave_W

The Dude
I like the program and will be using it instead of Photomatix. Efex appears to be be more subtle and clear.

I'm a HUGE fan of Nik's suite of products. They seem to work for me better than other plug-in's and they have webinars every week on one of their products as well as a very large library of older guest lectures and webinars. I especially like their new policy of having things for every day of the week. Yesterday's "filter Friday" was a good one.

Eye-level

Banned
I heard someone talking about Nik's Vivesa 2 plug in for PS here recently and it looks to be amazing I guess someday I am going to have to break down and buy some of this software business and retire the GIMP.

Dave_W

The Dude
I heard someone talking about Nik's Vivesa 2 plug in for PS here recently and it looks to be amazing I guess someday I am going to have to break down and buy some of this software business and retire the GIMP.

Vivesa rocks!! Here's an example of Vivesa. I posted this photo a week or two ago but here's the before and after versions.

Bentley comparision.jpg

Eye-level

Banned
That is an improvement. This gentlemen I was talking about uses it to do localized editing of certain things within his picture frame. The results are astonishing.

TedG954

Here's two versions of a photo I posted earlier. The bottom one is Photomatix, and the top is HDR EFEX. Nothing special was done more to one than the other. These are the basic results of a RAW bracketed photo done in B/W realistic.

View attachment 14232

Eye-level

Banned
I kind of like the wider range of tones in the Photomatix shot better than the other. B&W is difficult for me...Heck color is difficult for me! LOL

Eye-level

Banned
Ted check out the various types of B&W tonalities on google. There is High Contrast, Low Contrast, High Key, Low Key, and Tonal Separation. One can use these different devices to do different things with a photograph. I have only dabbled with B&W so I know very little about it other than it is much more difficult than color work or so they say.