Critique my B&W Please and thank you.

RookieDSLR

I am starting to get fascinated with the cool look of the black and white image. So just wanting to see if I could get some ideas on how to better my black and white images. Thanks
Jeremy V.

B&W Small Narrow Train Track.jpg
exif:
1/640 sec.
ISO-160
55mm
f5.0
No flash

pedroj

I'm sorry but it doesn't do lot for me...The lines lead your eyes out into the image but when they get there, there is not a lot to see...Maybe this image may be more suited to colour...

tmcguire17

I think it just lacks depth. Not enough variation in the values. Try raising the exposure, especially in the sky (take that blue down) then a little dodge and burn here and there leave the tracks as dark as possible will give them a little more drama and lead of into a much lighter sky. Just my 2cents. I think the content is there just lacking the presentation.

Pierro

I'm quite ok with the composition, although I may have moved the placement of the lines to perhaps one side, and then angled my own position to make the lines run from corner to middle , but thats just me. Its a little flat monotone wise ( i have some of my own that turned out the same )

Not sure if you were after anything more than subject critique, but the photo is full of nasty artifacts, which reveal themselves when we click on the photo to get the real size. Its probably happened in the mono conversion, and you've played with the sliders to some degree and not noticed. Also the focus on the far end is horrible, but not sure why that is.....

See the crop below

i27wco.jpg