Aperture: f/5
Shutter Speed: 1/100s
Exposure Mode: Shutter Priority
Exposure Comp.: -0.3EV
Exposure Tuning:
Metering: Center-Weighted
ISO Sensitivity: ISO 100

AC016

Seems like you are getting into b&w photography? I am not sure that we are getting the full resolution here though. Nice picture. Could we see a color version?

Eye-level

Banned
Not a bad shot Alex. With this type of scenic/landscape thing I think you would be better served to have stopped down the aperture some (and an increase in the shutter speed) in order to capture the most detail. The angle you shot from is a tough one too. You have the intensely bright foreground rocks playing against the dark in the shade background. It is almost like you need a graduated ND filter to balance out the contrast. That would be hard to pull off in any case even more so midday.

In the future you may want to get a yellow filter and maybe an orange filter for playing with the B&W stuff. They allow for interesting effects.

Dave_W

The Dude
It's nice, I like it. But there's a lot going on and nothing seems to be pulling my eye one way or the other. Great landscape images tend to have a central theme and simple lines that pull your eye or create a "center of attention" attraction that gives the image its feel. Maybe if there were more tree then I could see the line developing from the bottom right-hand corner that would follow up into and up the tree trunk. But the image is very well exposed and has nice fine detail.

KWJams

My first impression was that it is a cool shot but the perspective is wrong. I would have tried to drop down on a knee and capture more background beyond the bright rocks or zoomed in cutting off the back ground that looks to be washed out.

amonamarth

@5100Shooter: I might be ;) I tried converting to B/W in-camera and I can't stop looking for contrast when I snap pictures now; on some I've "though in B/W"
@Jeff: Yes, I has trouble with extreme contrast taking it; didn't have any filters with me, didn't have time to take it properly neither, running around pursuing my son ;)
@ Mojo: I intended a "baroque" shot here; lots on details and contrast, no real center of attention, not sure if it works that way

Rick M

It's very choppy. I think a long exposure to smooth out the water would have added some soft texture to offset the jagged rocks.