Eyepiece and plastic eyepiece block

SgtSaunders69

The only "complaint' I have so far on my D5100 is the size of the viewfinder rubber eyepiece.. it's so shallow you really cannot get a seal to your eye when using it. Is there an after market replacement available?

Also... the little plastic light seal provided to use when taking time exposure shots (to block light going in through the viewfinder) is too much of a pain... getting the rubber eyepiece off is a challenge by itself....Nikon might consider a feature to close off the viewfinder while shooting time exposures... my Canon A-1 had that.. but really, given that the D5100 has a diopter adjustment which my Canon did not have.. it's a decent tradeoff given the limited number of time exposures I'm likely to take.

fotojack

The only "complaint' I have so far on my D5100 is the size of the viewfinder rubber eyepiece.. it's so shallow you really cannot get a seal to your eye when using it. Is there an after market replacement available?

Also... the little plastic light seal provided to use when taking time exposure shots (to block light going in through the viewfinder) is too much of a pain... getting the rubber eyepiece off is a challenge by itself....Nikon might consider a feature to close off the viewfinder while shooting time exposures... my Canon A-1 had that.. but really, given that the D5100 has a diopter adjustment which my Canon did not have.. it's a decent tradeoff given the limited number of time exposures I'm likely to take.

Try this: HoodEYE Eye Cup-Hoodman Corporation