Do you see yourself using the same gear five years from now?

Still using the same equipment five years from now?

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eye-level

Banned
Do you think you will be using the same equipment five years from now? For me probably yes although I'll probably have more lenses and another body (both of which I'll use more than the others) but I expect to keep my F2 for back up and keep my D5000, for back up of course... :)

Do you think your DSLR will be toast in five years? Obsolete old technology? Still good enough for the girls you date? LOL

AC016

The way i see it, any technolgy is old once you buy it. There is always something in pipeline that is slightly better. Just look how fast the 3000 series progressed. I don't think that there is going to be anything so new in the next five years that will make me buy new. It is going to be about mp and getting the price of fx even further down. Im not interested in more mp. More lenses, yes.

stmv

first on lens, might add to the kit, but some of my lens are 50 years old and still sharp sharp sharp, so, lens are a lifetime investment, The body is hard to say, I tend to get new SLRs every 3 or so years, but the rate of change is slowing down, took a long time before the D700 was upgraded. Instead, I see 3/4 cameras closing the gap, and maybe extending in that direction for the light weight days.

Dave_W

The Dude
I'm thinking I'll be using the same equipment. I've pretty much filled out my wish list leaving only a nice monopod and a few studio lights I would like to get, so I'm fairly well set up for at least the next 5 yrs

miknoypinoy

if I don't have to sell it. lol. if I had my good old d300 still, I might not have a 7000 or my beloved 700. hit some hard times the past couple years and had to eBay my old gear. the good part of replacing (after work got better ) was I got newer technology and full frame. but I see no need to get stuff 5years from now. may be a 105 macro again (still havnt replaced that and still kicking my self for selling it lol).

I'm not afraid . . . YOU WILL BE. . . YOU WILL BE. . .

Fish-eyed

Upgrade??? But my 5100 is less than a week old!
Seriously, I can see myself using the same camera in 5 years, but probably with additional lenses. I've already got a great camera, now just have to learn how to use it and then concentrate on improving my shots. That alone should keep me busy for a long time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2