D800 Images shot in DX format with DX Lens

Photowyzard

I shot all these images with the 18-105mm DX Kit lens.

Coca-Cola-Car.jpg
D800-Hybiscus.jpg
D800-Church.jpg
Cash.jpg

Attachments

• CornField.jpg
    CornField.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:

Photowyzard

The D800 in DX is pretty much a souped up D7000. Kinda nice, huh?

Hee hee heee..... pretty much. Seriously, this is an unbelievable camera. I am not making any adjustments, just point and shoot in A-priority and my success rate is huge.

Colours are outstanding.
Image quality and resolution, outstanding.

The whole experience is something completely new for me.

Ruidoso Bill

Thank you for posting up some shots in DX mode. The D800 really shines compared to the D700's 6 MP DX mode. Makes the D800 15.4 (corrected) MP DX mode much more attractive to those with nice DX glass.

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
Thank you for posting up some shots in DX mode. The D800 really shines compared to the D700's 6 MP DX mode. Makes the D800 12 MP DX mode much more attractive to those with nice DX glass.

The D800 in DX mode delivers a 15.3MP image, nearly the same as a D7000

Dave_W

The Dude
Hee hee heee..... pretty much. Seriously, this is an unbelievable camera. I am not making any adjustments, just point and shoot in A-priority and my success rate is huge.

Colours are outstanding.
Image quality and resolution, outstanding.

The whole experience is something completely new for me.

I agree 100%. That's why I chimed in back when you were on the fence about the whole left focus issue. When DxOMark named this the best camera ever made, they weren't exaggerating. I'm sure our 15 min will be up and there'll be a better one on the market soon but I'm going to make the best of my 15 min while I can.

Photowyzard

I agree 100%. That's why I chimed in back when you were on the fence about the whole left focus issue. When DxOMark named this the best camera ever made, they weren't exaggerating. I'm sure our 15 min will be up and there'll be a better one on the market soon but I'm going to make the best of my 15 min while I can.

The whole left sensor thing was much-a-do-about-nothing from what I could tell. It is one point out of 51 that SOME cameras had an issue with. What convinced me was doing what most people should do in situations like this.... Call Nikon. I got the straight goods from them, the answer appealed to my sensibilities and I bought the camera.

And, I have not looked back, and.... my camera has no issues. I can't remember the last time I have been so satisfied with a purchase than I am right now with my D800. I simply marvel at the technology. I have been in Hi-Tech for over 30 years, I have seen it all and every so often, something comes along that makes me smile. The iPad, the iPhone and the D800 all make me smile!

What ever comes next is nothing but Johnny-come-Lately, follow the leader copy cat. Similar to Samsung, Rim etc with their phones and tablets. Apple was first, their product rocks and their technology changed the world. This camera, in my opinion, falls into the same category. It is an industry changing product. D800 is in a class all its own.

OK, is my 15 minutes up now? :cool: