Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
clouds.jpg

Weekly Challenge July 30th- August 5th: " Clouds"

All of you can participate to this week's challenge. You'll just have to keep your eyes open for cloud formations above your heads. You can use your imagination, find shapes, color contrasts, dark or light ones.This thread will close August 5th at midnight NY time.

These challenges are designed to help you grow in your photography skills and creativity, and also to have fun. Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information.

The Rules
  • Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system.
  • Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
  • Challenges will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
  • Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge, unless otherwise indicated.
  • Judging criteria is based on the Twelve Elements of a Merit Image.
There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Last edited:

stamatisg2002

Photographing an "Anti-cloud" would make me eligible for the Physics Nobel Prize, wouldn't it? :greedy_dollars::greedy_dollars::greedy_dollars:

Richard500

Clouds!! My best shots were yesterday!!!! Now I have to wait for another batch, unless you allow my clouds from the 29th by any chance?

tomcatsgirl

I will be going (hopefully) to watch the Blue Angels this Sat the 4th. I was hoping to have my 5100 back by then as well. As I am in the Pacific NW there is always a cloud hanging around. :cool: Maybe this should be my fist entry. I will be on a boat so it could be a challange.

Last edited:

Philnz

I will be going (hopefully) to watch the Blue Angels this Sat the 4th. I was hoping to have my 5100 back by then as well. As I am in the Pacific NW there is always a cloud hanging around. :cool: Maybe this should be my fist entry. I will be on a boat so it could be a challange.
You can swap with me as well

Mike150

I guess I get the honor (dubious as it may be) to post the first entry.

I was so upset that I never could get out to shoot some landscapes last week that I had to seize this opportunity as the storm was sliding in. I'll probably regret being this early, because some great shots might come later but don't want to miss another opportunity.

2012-212.jpg

AntrimHills

I didnt realise that the subject was going to be clouds this week...just as well I took this tonight...

july30sunset.jpg

The more I look at the picture, the more I think it has an Olympic theme...it resembles a man paddling a small boat (or do I have an overactive imagination?)

Last edited:

TedG954

I didn't see the plane until I processed the photo. It was too high to see in the view finder. Even a blind acorn finds a squirrel once in a while.

Into the Clouds.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Not for judging
Just caught this view of the river close by tonight. I thought I'd maybe inspire some of you to participate.

D700, 24-70.

river clouds.jpg

Richard500

None last night or this morning and it's just a grey English day at the moment... but I am waiting for dusk.... there may be some sun and I may get lucky... if not there's always tomorrow!

Just-Clayton

Really!! Now I have to start over. I had 2 or 3 last week. I shot this one on Saturday before my daughters wedding. NOT FOR JUDGING.
_DSC7326 (800x450).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.