Lens creep

Dooku77

Ive seen this so many times at theme parks, where someone will have their camera hanging off one shoulder and a telephoto lens fully extended and the owner is none the wiser. Do anyone have a clever solution (other than removing the lens) to keep this from happening?

Myth

Not sure if understood the question, but what about attaching the hood comes with the lens. That will prevent and take the hit first instead of the lens. I have seen many photographers using uv filter as a front end protection for the lens too....

Dooku77

Not sure if understood the question, but what about attaching the hood comes with the lens. That will prevent and take the hit first instead of the lens. I have seen many photographers using uv filter as a front end protection for the lens too....

I alway use the hood and uv filter when possible, but I was just wondering about this because I'm getting ready to purchase a 70-300mm lens and it will be hanging down by my side mostly on a black rapid strap and I wasn't sure if anyone came up with any clever tricks to keep the lens from fully extending on its own.

Dave_W

The Dude
I've been using these small thin Velcro strips with a little sticky patch on the backside to keep things like the wired remote attached to the side of my body. I wonder if something like this would work for lens creep?

Dooku77

I've been using these small thin Velcro strips with a little sticky patch on the backside to keep things like the wired remote attached to the side of my body. I wonder if something like this would work for lens creep?

I wonder if that would work of I put some on the lens hood and some on the zoom ring and attach it when I'm walking around? These are great ideas.