D800 at Zuma Beach, Malibu

jeffycan

New to the forum here, wanted to share my experience with the D800 I just got last week.

After waiting over a month on waitlist, I got my D800 and immediately took it out to shoot. I do a normally shoot both stills and video, but in order to really test out the camera I decided to do dedicated test shoots for photo and video. I went out with a 20mm f/2.8D and a 70-200mm f/2.8G and sometimes popped on my 2x TC for the extra reach. With the 20mm I often shot stopped down to f/11-22 and with the 70-200mm there was a bigger range. This is my first full frame camera, so I definitely felt the difference there. But what blew me away was the sharpness. Unbelievably crispy even at 100% zoom. Also the exposure latitude when shooting in direct sun was amazing. Here are just a few:

DSC_01031.jpg

DSC_01401.jpg

DSC_01461.jpg

Malibu-Zuma-Beach-0041.jpg

Overall, I'm really happy with this camera, and I'll definitely share some more photos and videos soon!

Check out more photos at: D800 at Zuma Beach | (Click thumbnails below for higher res)

Attachments

• DSC_01031-640x427.jpg
    DSC_01031-640x427.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 296

Photowyzard

Terrific images, Jeffrey. I too am sharing the same experience as you. Welcome to Nikonites by the way!

The image quality produced by the D800 is simply amazing.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Congrats on your camera and welcome to the forum. I don't venture past f8 unless if I really need the DOF. It is a great camera. Enjoy.