D800 is no longer restricted stock in Toronto

Photowyzard

You can pretty much walk into most Nikon Authorized dealers and buy a D800 off the shelf!

This was as of YESTERDAY.

Seen it for myself, first hand and spoke to a rep who confirmed it.

:)

Dave_W

The Dude
Ah, I'm beginning to think this might be the reason CF cards are getting so darn expensive. I thought I could do without the CF card but I've almost dropped my SD card in the CF slot enough times to know I better get that hole filled before something bad happens.

Photowyzard

Scared me to death..... Just bought one! And.... I AM IN LOVE WITH IT!

My first D800 image:

D800-Snail.jpg

Took a look in the store, works like a charm. Sweet, Sweet camera. You have no idea!

Dave_W

The Dude
Have you noticed the difference the EXPEED-3 processor makes compared to the EXPEED-2? The color rendition is just spectacular and the dynamic range is off the charts! Not that I think the EXPEED-2 is bad or anything, but the EXPEED-3 is on a whole other level.

Photowyzard

my,, just look at that soft focus on the left side ;) congrats,, yeah,, welcome to the D800.

Funny you say that! You can see what ever it is you want to see in something when you have a negative slant.

This image was taken with my 105mm with a very very shallow depth of field. The snail was dead center in the picture and it is taken on a rounded corner of a piece of patio furniture. It has NOTHING to do with the LEFT AF focus issue and everything to do with the angle of the image, my PP shifting the snail to the right and the extremely shallow DoF of the lens at low aperture. My only regret was not taking it with better DoF.

Curious, why so negative? My initial impression of the D800 is nothing short of "AMAZING". The resolution of the images is out of this world. I never even cracked the manuals to take my first image, it was all pretty intuitive. I am going to have to read it, but by and large, this product is second to non, in my books.

Last edited:

Photowyzard

I will be honest, my first few images on the D800 were like discovering colour film for the first time, when you were used to B&W!

My initial impressions were the feel and balance of the camera is great. The shutter makes a terrific noise, I love it. The monitor on the back is something else and the richness of the colours is something else altogether. Honestly, first day, I am in awe. I am really happy I didn't cancel this purchase of the insignificant sensor issue.

When I get some time, I will do the image test to make sure, but for all intents, this one seems to be working 100%. If you have been sitting on the fence on the D800, go buy it. I am simply FLOORED by the quality of images is produces. I can hardly wait to get some high quality prints made in the near future! They should be something to see!

stmv

laughs,, I was joking,, of course its a nice image, I am not negative at all, taken over 5K shots already with my D800, and if you look on the equipment d800, I gave it a great review. enjoy your new toy. My D800 is my 7th Nikon DSLR, and yup,, best so far.

Photowyzard

laughs,, I was joking,, of course its a nice image, I am not negative at all, taken over 5K shots already with my D800, and if you look on the equipment d800, I gave it a great review. enjoy your new toy. My D800 is my 7th Nikon DSLR, and yup,, best so far.

My apologies, mistook your comment. :)

Dave_W

The Dude
I will be honest, my first few images on the D800 were like discovering colour film for the first time, when you were used to B&W!

My initial impressions were the feel and balance of the camera is great. The shutter makes a terrific noise, I love it. The monitor on the back is something else and the richness of the colours is something else altogether. Honestly, first day, I am in awe. I am really happy I didn't cancel this purchase of the insignificant sensor issue.

When I get some time, I will do the image test to make sure, but for all intents, this one seems to be working 100%. If you have been sitting on the fence on the D800, go buy it. I am simply FLOORED by the quality of images is produces. I can hardly wait to get some high quality prints made in the near future! They should be something to see!

You sound like I did when I first posted here a few months ago. It's the kind of camera that makes you want to run out the door and photograph something. I would suggest you spend a moment or two and check the fine tuning of your lenses. None of mine were off by a lot but when you're coming in with 36MP's it doesn't take much to show up.

You might also want to change your signature since you're now in the 800 club. It's kinda like the 700 club only much much cooler! (er, I guess that pun would work a little better if there wasn't a D700, so in case anyone mistakes my meaning, I was referring to the TV show with that old guy who thinks hurricanes are God's way of removing gays and lesbians. Then again, if you have to explain a pun you can pretty much write it off as being funny, huh?)

stmv

I was just being ironic,, didn't you see my wink? of course I understand the dof setting, I have shot > 5K shots thru my D800, and love it. sure you will to.