North Carolina

Stangman98

Some that I shot on vacation

DSC6802-2-L.jpg

DSC6851-14-L.jpg

Carolina Photo Guy

That's the Currituck Lighthouse at Corolla Beach.

Nice angle shot!

That should be the Whalehead Bridge off to the left from the lighthouse.

That is some pretty country up that way. I hope that you enjoyed yourself!

Stangman98

That's the Currituck Lighthouse at Corolla Beach.

Nice angle shot!

That should be the Whalehead Bridge off to the left from the lighthouse.

That is some pretty country up that way. I hope that you enjoyed yourself!

Correct on both accounts. The area is beautiful, but a little too touristy for my liking.

emoxley

Anywhere there's a lighthouse, is going to be "touristy". People are really infatuated with them. Here in NC, there's a lot of touristy places. There's a lot of history here. One of the best known is Kitty Hawk, where the Wright Brothers first flew. Blackbeard the pirate was from here (Edenton, I think). We were one of the original thirteen colonies. The Lost Colony happened here (Andy Griffith got started in acting, playing Sir Walter Raleigh, in the outdoor play). I'm sure there's lots of places near the lighthouses, and other historical places, that the tourists don't bother to go to. Don't forget the Outer Banks (OBX), which is said to be some of the best fishing in the world.

Then there's the NC mountains, which some of them are some of the oldest on the planet. You were still 6-7 hrs. away from them, when at the lighthouse. The Biltmore Estate (supposed to be the largest single family home in America) is in Asheville, in the mountain area. Linville Caverns, Linville Falls, Grandfather Mountain (mile high swinging bridge & hang gliding), and Tweetsie Railroad are a few of the places to go there.

Oops, sorry. I got kinda carried away with listing touristy type places. There's lots more, but I won't get into it anymore. You can always get away from the tourists, if you want to. I'd like to go to the mountains and the coast, just to take a lot of pictures. There's a lot of photo ops around.............. :D

EDIT:
BTW......... I have seen a luggage rack on a hearse before, believe it or not! :)
I knew some members in a rock band, back in the 60s, that used an old hearse to haul their equipment in. It had a luggage rack on it.

Last edited: