Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

July 22-29th Challenge.jpg

Weekly Challenge July 22nd- 29th: Black & White Landscape

This week's challenge is asking for landscape Black and White. It can be urban or rural and Sepia or monochromes are welcome too.As usual, the pictures submitted have to be taken between July 22-July 29th.Have fun.
These challenges are designed to help you grow in your photography skills and creativity, and also to have fun.

Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information.

The Rules
  1. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIFdata can be verified, we will use the honor system.
  2. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
  3. Challenges will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
  4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge, unless otherwise indicated.
  5. Judging criteria is based on the Twelve Elements of a Merit Image.
There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Last edited:

Lscha

Dave has an eye for stacking....stuff.....like food on his plate, lumber, ......and wood for our campfires.

Firewoodpilepan900.jpg

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D7000
Image Date: 2012-07-22 21:29:54 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 22.0mm (35mm equivalent: 33mm)
Aperture: f/11.0
Exposure Time: 0.0020 s (1/500)
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
White Balance: Auto
Light Source: Unknown
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Orientation: Normal

Copyright: Laura Scharich 2012
Software: PaintShop Pro 14.00

Last edited:

KWJams

Been awhile since I have enter one of these contests. Was playing around with the color choices and added some warmth and a tad of orange to get more contrast.
Hand held and if I had my tripod I probably could have gotten the mist hanging above the water to show up better.

EXIF f/11, ISO 100, 1/125sec, 70mm
,B&W_landscape (Medium).jpg

TedG954

Pete, THAT ​is a landscape. It's exactly what comes to mind when I ponder the word.

Anyway, I will participate to support the program. Not many mountains in my area. Maybe I'll move.

Kent 3 bw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.