Mountain Bike Racing

Billy Y.

Just a few shots from last evening. DSC_0520.jpg

DSC_0643.jpg

DSC_0700.jpg

DSC_0756.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gav329

Brilliant mate!! I'm a mountain biker and these are great shots, really show the speed!! Well done!!

Gav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Y.

Thanks Gav, I was having trouble keeping the action centered as I was panning with the wide angle (shots 3 and 4) but got some decent shots out of it, which I accredit to Nikons fast and accurate AF-C, really one of the best I've used. The amount of sharp and usable images is 3 times what I was getting with Pentax.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I really like your avatar. Used to be an avid waterskier a few years back when I was younger… Is that you?

Billy Y.

I really like your avatar. Used to be an avid waterskier a few years back when I was younger… Is that you?
No that is my main ski partner - He was at one point World Cup Telemark Champion, apparently he is good at everything... here is that shot and a few stills from our spot. Did you compete?

IMGP1222.jpg

DSC_0795.jpg

DSC_0803.jpg

amonamarth

Great shot of the fire put with the lake and nightfall in the back ground. Would mind sharing EXIF? Thanks.

Alex.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

fotojack

Great shot of the fire pit with the lake and nightfall in the background. Would mind sharing EXIF? Thanks.

Alex.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Here's the EXIF data for the fire pit shot, Alex. :)
Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D7000
Lens: 17.0-55.0 mm f/2.8
Image Date: 2012-07-21 09:50:46 -0700
Focal Length: 18.0mm (35mm equivalent: 27mm)
Aperture: f/13.0
Exposure Time: 30.000 s
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Light Source: Unknown
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Copyright: Billy Yunck
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS Windows

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
No that is my main ski partner - He was at one point World Cup Telemark Champion, apparently he is good at everything... here is that shot and a few stills from our spot. Did you compete?

No Billy, I never competed. But I skied a lot. We had a waterski school right in Sherbrooke and we've hosted many international tournaments. I used to waterski there in the nice slalom course they had. Your lake is nice and seeing your pics brought a lot of memories back.

Thanks for sharing.

Billy Y.

No Billy, I never competed. But I skied a lot. We had a waterski school right in Sherbrooke and we've hosted many international tournaments. I used to waterski there in the nice slalom course they had. Your lake is nice and seeing your pics brought a lot of memories back.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I used to ski a lot more, but now maybe twice a week, I've tried a slalom course a handful of times and while I may be able to lay down some turns free skiing, I absolutely failed in the course.

I didn't realize this was the "learn photography" part of the forum - I just searched sports and posted. I suppose one never really quits learning though, at least thats how it seems.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah I used to ski a lot more, but now maybe twice a week, I've tried a slalom course a handful of times and while I may be able to lay down some turns free skiing, I absolutely failed in the course.

I didn't realize this was the "learn photography" part of the forum - I just searched sports and posted. I suppose one never really quits learning though, at least thats how it seems.

Yeah, skiing in the course can get brutal. Twice I ended up out of the vest after some quite nasty face plants. The vest was still buckled. My friends gave me a 10/10 on both counts…:) Ribs can crack on hard water...