Camera won't do what you want it to? Then ask questions!!

grandpaw

I would like to suggest to anyone new to photography or that is having trouble getting their camera to do what they want it to do, ASK QUESTIONS AND BE PATIENT! I read over and over about people sending their cameras back because the darn thing just won't work right, or it takes bad pictures and my point and shoot does a better job. I do realize that a few cameras have had a problem or two but it is my experience that the vast majority of problems people have is a lack of patients and or knowledge. If you are having problems with something and are reading this post then you have access to the internet and millions of potential answers to a problem. Please make use of these resources BEFORE condemning a camera that has nothing wrong with it. I do believe that some people just are looking to find fault with their camera instead of admitting they have not taken the amount of time needed and put the effort in to learning how to use it. My best advise to you if you are having trouble is to be patient and ask questions. You may find out that you really do have what you need right in the palm of your hand.
Jeff

Last edited:

AC016

It starts out by reading the manual, which seems to be something alot of people do not do. I really do not understand this "desease" of not wanting to read the manual. You then have these same people complaining about the camera for some reason or another. It is very, very, very, very, very, very rarely the camera that is at fault. It's almost always the carbon based life form using - or trying to use - the camera.

Dave_W

The Dude
This may belong in the "too much information" category but for both my D7000 and D800 I ordered a second manual (actually got them as extra's from my dealer) and I keep them in the "library"(...if you know what I mean) and page thru them daily. I cannot count the times I've read something I missed the hundreds of other times I looked at the manual so it's worked out very well.