I'm not a fan of Live View

TedG954

I have used Live View and the results don't appear to be as good as just using the view finder. The biggest advantage to Live View appears to be in videography and the occasional contorted shot that doesn't allow the use of the view finder. I'm glad it is an option, but I won't be using it for 99% of my photos.

stmv

every feature has its sweet spot. I use the LV for macro zoom focus, water fall shots to tune in the lighting, and also when shooting into the sun, so I don't hurt my eyes with the direct look into the sun, otherwise, viewfinder is still the preferred method for me.

Patrick M

I only use LV if I have too. Recently playing with Selective Colour,most I had no choice.
Otherwise I do occasionally use the LCD for those awkward shots....close to the ground, over people's heads and recently to get a macro of a flower inside a big bunch of flowers.

Patrick
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rick M

I used it once to see what it is, never use it. One of the many reasons I left the P&S world was for a viewfinder. Guess I'm old fashioned, my kids don't know what a viewfinder is!

grandpaw

I used it once to see what it is, never use it. One of the many reasons I left the P&S world was for a viewfinder. Guess I'm old fashioned, my kids don't know what a viewfinder is!

I have used a Nikon F 35mm since 1971 with a viewfinder and that is what I prefer but I do find the screen comes in very handy when taking videos. LOL Jeff

RHHROCKET

Recently took pics of me and my family, using live view, on a tripod, with wireless remote, with LCD screen extended and pointing at us so we could position ourselves for best shot......worked great !
Also use it for shooting at a difficult angle, but prefer to use the viewfinder whenever possible.

Sandpatch

I'm still a fan of viewfinders and will likely never adjust to using an LCD screen on most shots. Plus, when I am outdoors, the glare on the LCD screen is so strong as to make it a challenge to use no matter how I position it.

Eye-level

Banned
I use Live View and the magnify function strictly as a focus aid. Viewfinders in DSLRs suck. Now the pro models may be different but everything else just sucks.

Sambr

I use it at times. Same as video. At first I was against LV & Video - I guess because at the time my camera didn't have those features. Now all my cameras have both and it's great being able to video & capture Bighorn sheep sparing or a mother bear with cubs.

§am

I've used LV a couple of times for an overhead pic, but even then it was more a case of quick flash on the screen to see if I'm pointing in the right direction, then a few snaps to hopefully capture the right moment.... Not my best I must admit :p

Plus I find using LV I'm more distracted by the wider picture around my subject and can miss the shot I'm after.

Plus if I use LV, people tend to walk across your frame because they just think you're tinkering with the camera, whereas if your eye is stuck to the viewfinder people have no doubt you're about to take a pic and hopefully have the courtesy to walk around :)

agbenny

I use Live view only for videos and at occasions like selective colors etc. Viewfinder is my choice. Otherwise, I feel like, I do point and shoot. :)