Photomerge using CS6 and LR 4.0

Scott Murray

After some great information from another user here I downloaded a copy of LR4.0 and have been re-processing my images.

What are your thoughts on this? I wanted to reduce the blown out section on the left but keep the over all width.

7571335036_91330a9940_b.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
It's a very impressive shot Scott. I like it as is. The only improvement I can see is that you could use a brush to do a darkening adjustment on the left side. Trial and error it's called. :)

Dave_W

The Dude
I like it, looks great. In my jaded opinion, LR is a "must have" for all digital photographers. It has a great deal of depth and even thou I've been using it since LR-2 I've still a lot to learn. There's a great LR forum run by Victoria Bampton, author of "Lightroom secrets" that is an excellent resource for any questions not easily answered. Here is a link to the forum - Lightroom Forums

Scott Murray

Excellent thanks guys, I have done some reading and have seen that I can photomerge with in LR as it opens up PS. And then I can edit in LR once I saved it in PS. Slowly getting my head around it but I think it will improve my editing. Although for more detailed or complicated editing using layers I will need to use CS6.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Another and simpler option may be to apply a vertical graduated filter! Just as you would normally apply one from the top, try starting on the left side.